New raised bed installed

Here are some pics of my new raised bed.  The old one was made of plywood and once the water got in it started to fall apart, although it lasted a good few years.  This time I have made it from decking boards.  This one should last a little longer.  I have already got some onions in situ and hope to plant some overwintering peas once it stops raining.
The white frame at the end is something I made from an old plastic window frame.  I took out the glass and replaced it with some garden netting. This should keep the birds off until the onions get established. I also use the glass for some extra warmth for seedlings in the Spring.  

Now I need to move onto the next bed. It needs a good topping up with soil and compost but that's a job for another day. Time for a cup of tea now.

Comments

Mark and Gaz said…
Good work there! That should last much longer now that you've used deck boards.

Popular Posts