Chutney

Today I made some really simple Chutney.  Wondering what to do with the hundreds of apples, apart from making more crumble, I looked for a recipe book.  Although I didn't follow the instructions to the letter I ended up with quite a tasty concoction.

I chopped up some Apples, Onions, Pumpkins, Carrots and whatever other fruit or veg that was within eyeshot.
Added some spices (don't ask, I can't remember) and topped up the pan with some Red wine vinegar.  Left it to boil for what seemed an eternity (3 hours) and packed it into jars. I steal these from neighbours recycling bins on collection day (I do this Ninja-like at 6am to avoid capture).

Comments

Unknown said…
Looks yummy Nathan. You little jar-thief you.
Planters said…
'Ninja-like', lol! Love it!

May as well make use of them if they don't want them anyway!

Popular Posts